Social

Monday, April 21, 2014

Ramblings #1

   So I randomly have epic thoughts that I have to write down and decided that between blog posts I'd share them here. you are free to ignore these posts. They are inspired by random things that happen in my life. things I see on television, hell sometimes even the quotes that begin or end episodes of Criminal Minds.  I welcome feed back. Feel free to comment or email me at SLFashionSyndicate@gmail.com. Always ready to read the positive and the negative I can handle it.

    Sometimes you need a reminder that always doing whats right whether you think someone is watching you or not is the only choice.  It's following through on what you say you will do, even if its hard, even if it becomes inconvenient. Its returning the kindness thoughtfulness and consideration someone gives you without having to think about it as a chore when you return it to them. Its making an effort and treasuring the people in your life who are good and sincere and honest and worth having in it. Those are the people who are worth the effort. The smallest of considerate gestures that mean more than the biggest show to those who aren't worth it in the first place. I see the difference.

  I just wrote that I my SL profile. Partly because I recently met someone in SL who, well I had known of but had not really spoken with, but after a few back and forth messages on plurk and then a nice chat in SL was really inspired and renewed. I had thought that people that followed though on what they said they would do was extinct, that offering to do something kind for someone because they genuinely liked something you did and wanted to reward you for the work you did was null. I thought that when I typed the words appeared on my screen but never seemed to show up completely on other peoples screens because its seemed the words I spoke weren't really heard.

And then a very sweet kind sincere thoughtful people popped from the vast inter-webs and brightened my day. She said she would do something and followed though. Not because she wanted something. Not because I asked. It just happened. Like a gift. and then I rambled on and on about life and animals and people and my experiences and she was busy and I understood and we happily parted ways and I smiled because she was so sweet. and then a couple of days later after taking her advice about one of the ramblings, she showed me again in a small way that during the rambling she was listening. Really listening. and this person I hardly had spoken two word to was being the kind of person I wanted to be. She was the kind of person I wanted to surround myself with.

I have close people who I know are like this person. They are the people who can call or text me any time and if they say they need me I'm there any time listening supporting them, cheering them on. I sincerely am happy when they have a victory and really want to help them do better should they fall short and miss the mark on something else. Those precious friends. some I have had for years and some I have only just realized how important they are.

Actions are what speak the loudest when it comes down to it. People can spin stories and say all the pretty things you want to hear. But doing is right and honest and sincerely considerate and thoughtfully putting someone else that you really care about before yourself because that what you do for real friends.  Well that's all that really matters.  SL is a place that makes it more than easy to be shady and deceitful. But its just as easy to see that deceit and myself I watch it happen and don't say a word. Those who choose to do that will just waste more of my time spinning words to make the actions and deceptions ok or give reasons why. Its not.

And when you can choose the Good people to surround yourself with. The sincere, honest, thoughtful, kind, people. why make your SL anything less than beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment